2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Friday, June 14, 2013

Rain, rain, go away!

It's been a bit of a gloomy week in terms of outdoor training.  I only got a short swim in yesterday up in Whitefish Lake because the dark clouds started to roll in and I was sure I was going to get caught in another storm like Tuesday night if I "pushed it."  For some reason though, I am super sore today.

This week felt really long with an unexpected "house" issue....my hot water heater blew up--had scalding water leaking into my garage.  So that was fun, exciting and expensive.  I hit the snooze about four times this morning and would LOVE to go back to sleep.  Fortunately, my four legged "coaches" seem to have more energy when I have less and they literally drug me out of bed this morning.  :)

I have a lot to get done at work today, so surely the day will go by fast.  Rain or shine I will get a swim in this afternoon.

My good friend Katie will be in town from Helena this weekend-so I imagine there will be some swimming with the Labrador swim team this weekend as well (Katie's dog Scout and my dog Dixie love swimming with me and playing "fetch race").

There is a lot on my to-do list this weekend...but all I really want to do is swim and eat cookies.  :)

Have a good Friday everyone.

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment