2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Tis the season...

Well....as things go at this time of year...its been a hectic blur the past few weeks.

December 3-12th I was not able to swim due to medical reasons....

December 13th: I only had enough time to get in a mile straight swim.

December 14th: Tried out my new Finis tempo trainer out and I swam 2500 yards increasing the tempo each 500 alternating free and back every 500.  I really enjoyed the Tempo trainer.

December 16th: Swam 2000 yards, first 1000 warm up, then 10 x 100 free with tempo trainer set to 90.

December 21st: Swam 2000 yards, first 1000 warm up with free and back, 10 x 100 IM, then 5 minutes of vertical kick.

I traveled out of state for Christmas and as it usually goes, I've eaten way too many sweets and I've been way too lazy.  And although I had every intention of swimming while I was at my parents house...it appears that although I brought home all my other swim gear, I forgot my swim suit.  So, tomorrow I'm going to see if I can luck out and find a store here that sells suits, but if that fails, I brought my cross country skis and this will be a week of cross training.

Merry Christmas...and next week its time to get my workout schedule back to normal, but until then...I'm enjoying time home with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment