2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Monday, December 3, 2012

Playing catch up!

Got a little behind!  Was in Billings Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week for a work conference.  Had the intent of swimming twice while away, however, I only got in one swim on Thursday morning. Here's what I did:

1000 warm up
4 x 200 kick with fins (there was no deep end at the pool so I was unable to do vertical kicks)
10 x 100 rotating gear (agility paddles, stroke maker paddles, "coconut" paddles, fulcrums and reg swim)
200 easy

Total 3000 yards

I woke up Friday with the intention of swimming, but my sinuses hurt so bad that I decided against it.

My sinus pain has turned into an ear infection...blah.

I did swim Sunday (with wax in my infected ear) and I did my favorite set:

100 free
400 reverse IM
1000 free w/ 1 min rest
2 x 500 swim w/30 sec rest (used paddles)
5 x 200 w/15 sec rest (did evens backstroke)
10 x 100 kick (every other was vertical kick)
400 cool down

Total: 4900 yards

I did not swim this morning, as my ear has worsened to the point where it hurts to open my mouth.  I will do VASA this evening though.

Happy Monday!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment