2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Monday, June 17, 2013

DAY OFF (from workout)

Oh boy....did I need an off day today!  I worked hard all weekend, got in 4 swim workouts...two days of doubles!  I swam in four different locations (Lake Bitterroot, Middle Thompson Lake, the Summit pool, and Whitefish Lake).

I was so SORE when I woke up this morning and I was so grateful I got to have a rest day.  I did still have to go to work though...but I didn't have to travel, so it wasn't too bad.

I have a really hard time when I am tired keeping up on "normal" obligations like laundry, grocery shopping, responding to emails and cleaning, so this evening when I got home I had a bit of catch up to do.

I'm really looking forward to the end of this week.  I'm taking a trip to Helena and its sounds like I'm going to meet Carter's whole family on Thursday!  Then Friday I'm going to make some decisions about my start and end points of my swim and get a little practice swim in too!

I've only got a few more weeks with my training in my wetsuit.  Almost all the lakes around here are close to if not above 60 degrees now and I can get in close to two hour swims without my lips and tongue being frozen!  I'm excited for the weather to get warmer so I can practice more like my swim will be....without the wetsuit...also swimming without the wetsuit will make for a more even tan.  :)

My dinner's almost done...so I will post again later!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment