2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Long time gone...

Sorry swim fans!  It's been far too long since my last post...as usually, my only real excuse is that I've been really busy...which is always my excuse.

Allow me to update you!

Since I last wrote, I've been a traveling woman!  One of my athletes and I traveled to Indianapolis for the USMS Short Course National Championships.  We had a super fun time, the pool was amazing and we met olympian Jason Lezak!



And we got these super cute swimming teddy bears from Swim Outlet!


My races went pretty well, all season best times and I got two medals!  :)  We also went to a delicious cupcake bakery and the Zoo!  

I was barely home for three days and I had brought home a souvenir cold with me home from my trip and I had to turn around and fly to Las Vegas for the 10K (6 miles) open water championships that were held in Lake Mead.  I had an okay race in Las Vegas, it wasn't as fast as I had hoped, but it was my first time in open water for the season.  I got a little sunburned, but got 2nd in the 30-34 age group and brought home some hardware.

Then, just as soon as I got home, the weather here in Montana FINALLY started to improve!  And then naturally, I've been jumping into any lake I can whenever I get the chance.  My Masters team is really starting to get into the open water swims too, which is giving me more people to swim with!

So far I've swam in Foys Lake, Ashley Lake, Whitefish Lake, Swan Lake and Flathead Lake.  We have an awesome schedule with lots of local lakes to swim in this summer so I'm really excited for that. 

I also was invited to speak about my swims as the key note speaker at Cold Springs Elementary School's Sports Day in Missoula.  I had a great time telling the 2, 3, and 4th graders about big dreams and working hard to achieve your goals.  This week I got 24 hand written letters from kiddos who wanted to tell me thanks for speaking to them.  Pretty cool stuff!

Speaking of pretty cool stuff, the local paper here, the Flathead Beacon, wrote a wonderful article with some amazing photography on my swim this summer that ended up on the FRONT PAGE!  In case you missed it, click here.

I'd love to write more....but I don't want to be late for my swim this afternoon with my friends!

Thank you all for following!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment