2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Sunday, July 21, 2013

One month to go!

Hi guys!  It's been a busy week for me, and today was spent relaxing around my house with a little cleaning!  Last week I traveled to Helena and then to Fairmont for a work training.  While in Helena, my niece and I got in a swim in Canyon Ferry (of course the dogs swam too!)....




Then Saturday I had to return my niece to Washington....we had a really fun two weeks.  Sad to see her go...but I certainly have enough to do to keep me busy now that we have less than a month until the swim!

I had a good talk with my nutritionist today....have some adjustments to make to my plan...but I'm hopeful that we are getting close to having that plan finalized.

I meet with my doctor tomorrow to discuss last week's blood test and make a plan as to any post swim care that I might need...I think that we will be able to set up getting fluids via IV post swim so I can sleep and not worry about dehydration.

In the next week or so I hope to have an idea of my start date with an extended weather forecast.  My hope is to begin the swim on the morning of the 18th...fingers crossed for no thunder or lightening.  I hope not to have to postpone that start date.  I also hope to have my crew finalized within the next week as well as the details of my boat support.

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment