2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thankful.....

I'm so tired today!  I missed a few days of blogging so I will catch you up.  I took Thursday off and got to get a little dressed up (for me this means taking more than a 5 minute shower, putting on makeup and actually brushing my hair rather than putting it up in a messy bun) and went to dinner with my boyfriend and a friend of his at Ciao Mambo in Whitefish!  So delicious!

Friday was a busy day and by the time I got home it was 5:30, so I did a pool swim since I didn't feel like driving an hour round trip for an open water swim.  Every two weeks or so I get a pool swim in...its a good time to work on technique and use some "toys" like paddles and fins!  :)

This morning I tried to sleep in, but this little fella Mason...thinks sleeping in means 7:30 am...which is when he woke up wanting to play.


 So, once up....I drove out to McGregor Lake for a swim.  I've driven by McGregor a million times, but hadn't ever swam there before.  I liked it--very clear and clean lake with little boat traffic, just a few fisherman and kayakers.  Completely calm on the way out with some wind and waves on the way back.  I found a piece of land I want to buy....like I find on most lakes I swim...this one is $340,000 so I don't see it happening anytime soon....but its nice to dream about.



Today I'm thankful for such a wonderful place to live and train.  I'm thankful for all of you following my adventures and supporting this swim for Carter.  I'm thankful to those who have donated money to the fundraising efforts like Wendy and Roy Rogers of Hong Kong Harry's who donated $1,612.50 to the Enduring Waves Foundation for Carter's Cause.  I'm thankful for the growing number of businesses who are sponsoring this event (see http://www.enduringwaves.com/#!sponsors/cgqf)  I'm thankful to all those folks who are making arrangements to be on my crew! And I'm thankful for my friends and board members Katie, Christy and Krissy for all the "behind the scenes" work they are doing to make this swim successful.

Now...I better get to the grocery store before I fall asleep...cause I have nothing to eat in my house...and I'm hungry!  :)

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment