2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My gear!

So today was a nice short swim in whitefish lake...my last swim around here.  Tomorrow I have a few things to wrap up at work and then I'm off to Helena!

Some people have asked me what I intend on using gear wise...so here's what I'm going with:


GPS tracker 1: this Hydro Tracker attaches to my goggle strap and after I upload it to my computer will have a nice map of my swim course.  Thanks to Finis for sponsoring my swim!


GPS tracker 2: this lovely Spot, who I've named Nemo, will be on the boat and will broadcast my progress on to the live internet map.  The live map was a big favorite of folks following my last swim.


Cap and goggles will be finis.  The goggles are the Surge goggles and I have them in the grey/black variety too.  Each pair of goggles will have a Hydrotracker attached and I will switch them out every 6 hours (with crew changes)...mostly cause I will swim longer than the battery.  :)


This will be my cozy towel at the end of the swim....


And this will be my suit!  It's the Blueseventy Eclipse.  Since I'm not wearing a wetsuit this year, I struggled a lot with suit selection, but Blueseventy has been on both my prior swims (I've only worn Blueseventy wetsuits) and they sponsored my previous two swims.  So, superstitious me, I needed blueseventy to be along for this adventure too!  :)

So those are the key items!  :)  Will share more details tomorrow!  :)

~Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment