2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Saturday, August 17, 2013

This time tomorrow....

So my emotions are far ranging today.  I have moments of total calm and relaxation....then a seed of worry pops into my head...those darn "what ifs"....and I get extremely nervous.

But I guess it all comes down to this.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get in the water at 3:30 am, and I'm going to do my best.  I hope my best will be completion of 70 miles of swimming, a world record...and of course I hope this crazy dream of mine will have sparked enough buzz to raise the money necessary for Carter's dog Minnie's training.

I have accepted that there are a number of things out of my control that may come my way, but I've got a great support crew that will hopefully problem solve through anything that comes up.

Last night myself, Katie (President EWF), Krissy (my sister and secretary EWF), Hannah (niece), Garret (nephew) and Cooke (friend) went over to Carter's house for dinner.  We had a nice evening.  The kids had cooked up all sorts of ideas to create a floating island for them to follow the entire swim.  :)  We got some last minute logistical items taken care of and then I got to go have a nice quiet night sleep at the Red Lion (Thanks to the Red Lion for donating my room for two nights).

This morning I went with Katie out to breakfast and we worked through some more little modifications we had to make to the schedule...a small crisis that arose (one of our crew people broke an arm last night) and of course...we ate a lot of food.... :)

It's time to pack up all my food items...I will post again later!  Thanks for following my journey!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment