2013 Fundraiser

Emily von Jentzen is an Ultra Marathon Swimmer who completes lengthy endurance swims to raise money for children with special medical conditions.


Donate Now

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Water Daze

Yesterday a few of my swimmers traveled down to Polson, MT for the annual Polson Water Daze 1.2 mile swim.  It's one of my favorite races because its pretty laid back and I usually run into a ton of swimming friends I haven't seen in a while.  Also every participant comes home with a bag of cherries! Yum!


My most peoples' standards, it was a rough race this year.  Waves were hitting pretty hard from the north...but you all know I love that kind of stuff.  After the race I heard a number of people complaining about the water conditions....I just smiled to myself.  I wanted to remind people that is what makes the race more of an accomplishment....enduring the waves.  Most people fight against the waves, still try and breath on the "wave" side...when the secret is to roll with them and adapt your stroke as best you can to fit the pattern.  Of course it takes experience just like anything else.

I love my little group of swimmers that traveled down for the race.  Such a positive and fun bunch of fish!

Today I'm planning on laying in bed for another hour at least...but then I'm going into the office for a few hours to prepare for my BUSY work week.  I've got a travel trip on Monday and big hearing on Tuesday and then after a few meetings on wednesday I'm hoping to get to Helena for a quick trip wed night through Friday morning.

If the weather holds today I'm going to go up to Glacier and swim in Lake MacDonald--after I've gotten my work done for the day!  I love Lake MacDonald....so I'm really hoping I get to do that today.

Well....hope you all have a great day!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment